The following resources are made available by the Business Office for the care and maintenance of diocesan properties and infrastructure. If you need more information, contact Alejandro Henao at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 403-218-5545.
The Most Rev. William T. McGrattan, Bishop of the Diocese of Calgary, has issued a decree of partial indulgence to be granted during the Jubilee Year of Fatima.
The partial indulgence can be obtained by visiting the Our Lady of Fatima Parish at 4747 30 St. SE, between the dates of April 18, 2017 and December 31, 2017 (see visiting times below). Those who seek to obtain this partial indulgence must "devotedly pray before the statue of Our Lady of Fatima," invoking her intercession.
In addition, the faithful must be reminded, according to the Code of Canon Law, the following:
- "To be capable of gaining indulgences, a person must be baptized, not excommunicated, and in the state of grace at least at the end of the prescribed works" (Canon 996 § 1)
- "To gain indulgences, however, a capable subject must have at least the general intention of acquiring them and must fulfill the enjoined works in the established time and the proper method, according to the tenor of the grant" (§ 2)
In addition, the Holy Father Pope Francis has also granted a plenary indulgence which can be obtained throughout the Jubilee Year, which began on November 27, 2016 and ending on November 26, 2017.
This plenary indulgence is granted through the following:
- By making a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Fatime in Portugal, and "devotedly participate in a celebration or prayer in honor of the Virgin Mary." In addition, the individual must also pray the Our Father, recite the Creed, and invoke Our Lady of Fatima
- By visiting, with devotion, and praying before an image of Our Lady of Fatima that is displayed for public veneration, during the anniversary days of the apparitions (the 13th of each month from May to October 2017). In addition, the individual must "participate there in any celebration or prayer in honor of the Virgin Mary" and pray the Our Father, recite the Creed, and invoke Our Lady of Fatima
- For the elderly and infirm: praying before an image of Our Lady of Fatima and spiritually uniting to God, through the Blessed Mother, all their "prayers and pains, or the sacrifices of their own lives"
To obtain the plenary indulgence, the faithful must fulfill the ordinary conditions: go to Confession, receive Holy Communion, pray for the intentions of the Holy Father, and be truly repentant and have firm resolve to be detached from sin.
Click here to read Concession of Plenary Indulgence, issued from the Shrine of Fatima, in full.
Our Lady of Fatima Parish: Centennial Celebrations and Visiting Times
Address: 4747 30th St. SE. Visiting times are the following: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday (3PM - 8PM). Saturday (10AM - 6PM). Sunday (8AM - 2PM)
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017:
- 6:30 PM - Rosary Followed by Holy Mass
- 8:00 PM - All Generations Will Call Me Blessed: A concert in honor of Our Lady in 5 languages
- Thursday, May 11, 2017
- 6:30PM - Holy Mass
- 7:30 PM - The Rosary Rediscovered: Experience the beauty of the Rosary in its choral recitation, live classical harp music, and teachings by recent Popes
- Friday, May 12, 2017
- 6:30 PM - Rosary followed by Holy Mass
- 8:00 PM - Dramatic performance of the Fatima apparitions (English)
- Saturday, May 13, 2017
- 5:00 PM - Rosary
- 6:00 PM - Solemn Mass presided by Bishop McGrattan, followed by candlelight procession
- Sunday, May 14, 2017
- 12:00 PM - Holy Mass, folowwed by dramatic performance of the Fatima apparitions (Portuguese)
This Certificate Program is designed to give lay people the necessary Catechetical background in order to feel more confident in the following areas of Parish Ministry:
- Sacramental Preparation
- Youth Ministry
- Parish-based Catechesis
This program, offered in three levels covering various topics, is also invaluable to anyone seeking to know more about their Catholic Faith.
Course Registration Fee is $100 for each Level.
Location: Canadian Martyrs Parish 835 Northmount Dr NW, Calgary, AB
Catechetical Certificate Program 2017-2018
Topic Order is subject to change
- Scriptural Foundations (Hebrew Scriptures): Sept. 30
- Scriptural Foundations (New Testament) : Oct. 14
- Liturgy: Oct. 28
- General Directory for Catechesis: Nov. 11
- How to be and Effective Catechist: Nov. 25
- Prayer and Spirituality: Dec. 2
The Diocesan Finance Council (DFC) in the Diocese of Calgary exists to offer assistance and guidance to the Bishop in the administration of the temporal goods of the Diocese. In accordance with the Canon Law of the Roman Catholic Church, Canon 492 requires the Bishop to establish a finance council.
Click here to access the Finance Council Policy.
During Lent of 2017, the Office of Stewardship presented Spirituality of Stewardship, a three-day Lenten Mission in the Diocese with Fr. Daryl Befort from Wichita, Kansas. The Lenten Mission will focused on a Threefold Call of Discipleship: Deny Yourself, Take Up Your Cross, and Follow Christ. Watch the talks below.
Day 1: Deny Yourself
Day 2: Take Up Your Cross
Day 3 Follow Christ
Lunch and Learn with Catholic Pastoral Centre Staff
For more information, contact Eden D'Souza, Stewardship Coordinator at email@example.com, or call at 403-218-5520.