ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CALGARY
DIOCESE OF CALGARY SEMINARIANS ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Mr. Shane Lambert, internship seminarian, will be admitted to Candidacy for Holy Orders in his current pastoral year parish, Holy Spirit, Calgary at 9 AM on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
- Mr. Troy Nguyen, internship seminarian, will be admitted to Candidacy for Holy Orders in his current pastoral year parish, St. Peter's, Calgary, at 11:30 AM on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
- Mr. Derek Remus has been called to Holy Orders and will be ordained to the Transitional Diaconate by Most Rev. William McGrattan in his pastoral year parish, St. Bonaventure, Calgary, at 5 PM on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
- Mr. Mark Drapal has been called to be instituted in the Ministry of Acolyte in his home parish of St. Cecilia, Calgary, at 9 AM on Sunday, February 18, 2018.
Please pray for all of our seminarians, especially those taking these next steps in their formation and preparation.
FR. THOMAS ROSICA'S KEYNOTE ADDRESS AT THE 2017 Parish CommunicationS Workshop
Here is Fr. Thomas Rosica's keynote address delivered on November 13, 2017 at the 2017 Parish Communications Workshop:
- Living in Digital World - Address to Communicators of the Diocese of Calgary
- Bonus: Fr. Rosica's keynote address for the 2015 Catholic Media conference.
BISHOP McGRATTAN'S LITURGICAL CALENDAR
Bishop McGrattan's diocesan liturgical calendar is now available. A link to the calendar will be maintained on the Office of Liturgy webpage. Note that the schedule is subject to change.
- Bishop McGrattan's Liturgical Calendar 2017-2018
- If you have any questions please contact the Office of Liturgy at 403-218-5511 or 403-218-5524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CARILLON READERSHIP SURVEY - NOV/DEC 2017
If you have not already completed a paper survey we invite you to add your input to help us plan for our new publication. The December Carillon will be the last in its current format. The new publication will be available in March/April 2018.
- Please help us design an attractive and effective Diocesan magazine which will be a worthy successor to The Carillon, by filling in this survey: Carillon Readership Survey
- The November Carillon features the readership survey on the back page. Please encourage all your contacts to complete it either in print or by forwarding the link to them.
REJOICE IN GOD'S MERCY - ADVENT 2017
The Diocese of Calgary invites you to experience the peace, love, and joy brought by participating in the sacrament of reconciliation. In addition to the regular parish schedule, the sacrament of Reconciliation will be available at parishes throughout the Diocese of Calgary all the Wednesdays of Advent from 7:30 – 8:30pm.
COLLECTION OF SLIGHTY USED or NEW CLOTHING FOR PUERTO RICO
The Knights of Columbus are embarking on a mission to collect slightly used or new clothing for the devastated area of Puerto Rico as a result of Hurricane Maria. If you are approached by The Knights of Columbus please know that Bishop McGrattan has granted permission to support this worthy cause.
FAITH ENRICHMENT FOR SENIORS - NOV 27 and Dec 4
The Faith Enrichment for Seniors group will be held on Mondays November 27 & December 4, 2017 at St. Joseph’s Parish from 1:00 pm to 3:00pm. No registration is necessary and all are welcome.
- For further information contact Norline at 403-218-5503 or e-mail email@example.com
MEMORIAL LITURGY: A PRAYER SERVICE FOR THOSE MOURNING THE LOSS OF A CHILD THROUGH MISCARRIAGE OR STILLBIRTH - NOV 24
When families lose a baby in the womb, the cries of birth go unheard; the grasp of tiny fingers slips away. This profound loss needs articulation. Join us in a prayer gathering to commend our children communally into the embrace of our merciful God and to support those who are grieving the loss of a child. A memorial prayer service for those mourning the loss of a child thorugh miscarriage or stillbirth will be held on Friday, November 24, 2017 at 7pm, at Sacred Heart Church (1307 14 St SW, Calgary, AB).
- For more information or to RSVP, please visit: http://www.miscarriageliturgy.ca
Listening to god's Voice Retreat - Nov 25
Learn how to open your heart and listen to God’s voice as did the Blessed Virgin Mary. This is a special retreat for single women (ages 16-35) interested in looking at Religious life. This retreat is being offered by Sisters from various Religious communities and provides an occasion when single women can interact with them in a prayerful setting. Retreat will be hosted at Holy Name Catholic Church, 2223 – 34 St. S.W., Calgary on Saturday, November 25, 2017; Time: 8:30 AM to 4 PM (lunch is provided). Fr. Cristino Bouvette will be providing Holy Mass, and a Holy Hour of Adoration, with an opportunity for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Still my heart, Lord, that I may listen to Your voice.
- For more information and to register, contact: Sr. Terry, FCJ 403-228-3623 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE JOY OF LOVE MARRIAGE CONFERENCE WITH BISHOP MCGRATTAN AND DR. EDWARD SRI - Dec 8-9
The Joy of Love Marriage Conference & Renewal of Vows with Bishop McGrattan will take place on December 8-9 at St. Peters Parish (541 Silvergrove Dr. NW Calgary). Dr. Edward Sri a theologian, author and well-known speaker who appears regularly on EWTN will be the conference keynote speaker.
- Register online here or for more information contact Kusum Di Marco at email@example.com
- See the event poster here.
CATHOLIC SPEED DATING EVENT - DEC 1
Upcoming Event: Friday, December 1st at St. Thomas More Church, 15 Templebow Road N.E., Calgary. Age Range: (Women: 24 to 32 & Men: 27 to 35) & (Women: 33 to 41 & Men: 36 to 44). Doors open for sign in at 7:00pm, and Event begins at 7:30pm.
- To register visit www.CatholicSpeedDating.ca or for more information contact Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org or 587-333-1099.
ADVENT RETREAT WITH BISHOP EMERITUS FREDERICK HENRY - DEC 9
Development & Peace Diocesan Council invites everyone to a very special Advent retreat with Bishop Emeritus Frederick Henry at Mount St. Francis on Saturday, December 9, 2017, at 9 am for the whole day. Join us as we celebrate the positive peace built by women and reflect on how we can all continue to play a vital role in creating a more peaceful world ‘For nothing will be impossible with God’ ~Luke 1:37.
- For more information or to register - email@example.com. Cost: Free will offering.
PROJECT RACHEL POST ABORTION WEEKEND RETREAT - FEB 23-24
The retreat offers a journey of healing and reconciliation for women and men who are suffering from a past abortion experience. Trained certified counselors are available to accompany people on a journey toward hope and inner peace. The next retreat is scheduled for February 23 - 24, 2018.
- For more information or to register call Project Rachel at 403-218-5506 or toll free at 1-877-597-3223. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
MAY PEACE BE WITH HER
The Development & Peace Fall Campaign's theme this year is "May Peace be with Her", focuses on women's role in building peace. All around the world, courageous women gather to fight and resist violence, working for a more peaceful world. When 35% of parliamentarians are women, the risk of a nation relapsing into conflict is near zero. Let us join our voices and ask the Canadian government to give women the resources they need in order to take their place at the heart of peacebuilding.
MARRIAGE PREPARATION "FOR BETTER & FOR EVER"
“For Better & For Ever…” Marriage Preparation, accepts all couples preparing for marriage. Due to the small group setting it allows us to focus on couples in one or more of the following circumstances: living together, previously married, beginning marriage with children, couples 45+, or those who wish to have their marriage blessed in the Church.
- For more dates, registration or information, contact 403-218-5505 or e-mail the LFRC Centre.
- Register Online Here
PROJECT RACHEL POST ABORTION COUNSELLING
The ministry offers a journey of healing and reconciliation for women and men who are suffering distress from a past abortion experience. Clients will be referred to a professional counselor who specializes in dealing with the trauma associated with this experience.
- For more information call Project Rachel at 403-218-5506 or toll free at 1-877-597-3223. You may also e-mail email@example.com.
- Go to Project Rachel's Website
EFFECTIVE CO-PARENTING: PUTTING KIDS FIRST
An educational 5-week program for separated and divorced parents to help raise their children through this difficult time and increase the understanding of needs of children for developing self-esteem and security. It will offer skills to help manage diverse shared parenting situations and provide strategies to improve communication, resolve conflict, and manage day-to-day issues between parenting partners. Parents are encouraged to attend separately. The next program will run 7:00pm - 9:00pm in the fall of 2017.
- For more information or registration contact the Life & Family Resource Centre at 403-218-5505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information about Separation and Divorce Ministry.
CONSECRATION OF CANADA TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
Parishes are invited to hold a parish celebration on one or more Saturdays within the anniversary year (July 1 2017 to July 1 2018). Prayer templates, prayer card and catechetical materials are available on the Office of Liturgy website.
- For more information, please click here or Contact the Office of Liturgy at 403-218-5511 or 403-218-5524 - or email us at email@example.com