The Roman Catholic Diocese of Calgary is honoured to partner with Blue Sea Philanthropy, KAIROS Calgary and the Mustard Seed to host Coldest Night of the Year.
The Coldest Night of the Year is a non-competitive 2, 5, and 10km winter-walk happening in more than 90 communities across Canada. Charities in each community raise funds and awareness in support of individuals experiencing hunger, homelessness and hurt.
Extracts from the audited financial statements of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Calgary, Finance Office
The complete Audited Diocesan Pastoral Centre Financial Statements can be viewed, on request, at the Diocesan Pastoral Centre.
The following guidelines for applicants are intended solely to meet the mandate of the Foundation in a responsible and business-like manner. Nothing in the process is intended to intimidate or unduly create an atmosphere of stress or anxiety for the applicant.
- Applicants must be actively pursuing studies aimed at teaching religious education as a religious or parochial catechist in an Alberta Catholic school district or parish.
- The Foundation requests a minimum of three (3) reference letters, one of which must be the applicant's current parish priest.
- Parameters for financial assistance shall, among other criteria, be determined on the basis of financial need as outlined on the application form.
- The Foundation reserves the right to require applicants to be interviewed in person or by telephone prior to final disposition of application. Unless otherwise determined, based on the application information, requests for funds of $100.00 or less shall not be subject to personal interviews.
- The Foundation reserves the right, by written advance notice, to withhold or withdraw support at any time to those applicants enrolled in ongoing programs where qualifications/situations may have changed.
- The financial means of the Foundation shall, among other things, determine the extent to which support for qualified applicants can be maintained.
- If, in the opinion of the Cahill Foundation members, complete and accurate information is not available, the application will be denied.
- Each request will require a new application to the Cahill Foundation with current information.
The above requirements and parameters are subject to change without notice. Any and all information provided by applicants shall be held strictly confidential and used only for the purpose intended.