This Certificate Program is designed to give lay people the necessary Catechetical background in order to feel more confident in the following areas of Parish Ministry:
- Sacramental Preparation
- Youth Ministry
- Parish-based Catechesis
This program, offered in three levels covering various topics, is also invaluable to anyone seeking to know more about their Catholic Faith.
Course Registration Fee is $100 for each Level.
Location: Canadian Martyrs Parish 835 Northmount Dr NW, Calgary, AB
For more information and to register, please call 403-218-5501, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catechetical Certificate Program 2017-2018
Topic Order is subject to change
- Scriptural Foundations (Hebrew Scriptures): Sept. 30
- Scriptural Foundations (New Testament) : Oct. 14
- Liturgy: Oct. 28
- General Directory for Catechesis: Nov. 11
- How to be and Effective Catechist: Nov. 25
- Prayer and Spirituality: Dec. 2
Message of our Holy Father, Pope Francis for the 25th World Day of the Sick
Dear brothers and sisters,
On 11 February next, the Twenty-fifth World Day of the Sick will be celebrated throughout the Church and in a special way at Lourdes. The theme of this year's celebration is "Amazement at what God has accomplished: 'The Almighty has done great things for me...'" (Lk 1:49). Instituted by my predecessor Saint John Paul II in 1992, and first celebrated at Lourdes on 11 February 1993, this Day is an opportunity to reflect in particular on the needs of the sick and, more generally, of all those who suffer. It is also an occasion for those who generously assist the sick, beginning with family members, health workers and volunteers, to give thanks for their God-given vocation of accompanying our infirm brothers and sisters. Read more
Listed below are a number of resources to learn about the New Roman Missal & NORE's Catechetical programs.
- Introduction to the New Roman Missal
- Family Introductory Note
- Coordinators Handbook Years 1-6
- Family Apostles Creed
- Family Nicene Creed
- Year 1 Family Pack
- Year 2 Family - Childs Book
- Year 2 Family - Childs Workbook
- Year 2 Family - Family handbook
- Year 3 Family - Childs Book
- Year 3 Family - Childs Workbook
- Year 3 Family - Family Handbook
- Year 3 - Family Pack
- Year 4 - Family Pack
- Year 5 - Family Pack
- Year 5 - Student Book
- Year 6 Family - Student Book
- Parish Introductory Note
- Parish Apostles Creed
- Parish Nicene Creed
- Year 2 Parish - Childs Book
- Year 2 Parish- Parish Manual
- Year 3 Parish - Childs Book
- Year 3 Parish - Parish Manual
- Year 4 Parish - Parish Manual
- Year 4 Parish - Student Book
- Year 5 Parish - Parish Manual
- Year 5 Parish - Student Book
- Year 6 Parish - Parish Manual
- Year 6 Parish - Student Book
- Year 7 Parish - Parish Manual
- Year 7 Parish - Student Book
- Year 8 Parish - Parish Manual
- Year 8 Parish - Student Book
- School Introductory Note
- School Apostles Creed
- School Nicene Creed
- Year 1 School - School Manual
- Year 2 School - Childs Book
- Year 2 School - School Manual
- Year 3 School - Childs Book
- Year 3 School - School Manual
- Year 4 School - School Manual
- Year 4 School - Student Book
- Year 5 School - School Manual
- Year 5 School - Student Book
- Year 6 School - School Manual
- Year 6 school - Student Book
- Year 7 School - School Manual
- Year 7 School - Student Book
- Year 8 School - School Manual
- Year 8 School - Student Book
- Year 9 School - Student Book
- Year 9 School - Teacher Manual
- Year 10 School - Student Book
- Year 10 School - Teacher Manual
"The General Directory for Catechesis says that we must give absolute priority to the formation of lay catechists."
The Religious Education Secretariat of the Diocese of Calgary is pleased to offer the Echoes of Faith ~ Plus Program as an option for catechist and parish volunteers' enrichment.
To order copies click on the links below:
Click here to view Topic Descriptions
What will the format be?
The Facilitator will follow the Director's Manual which lays out the process in a clear and user friendly manner. The Facilitator may be the Pastor, Pastoral Assistant, Sacramental Preparation Coordinator or another lay person assigned by the Pastor to take on this role.
Each Parish or Group can determine how often and when they will meet to view the DVD together, dialogue and work on their individual workbooks. This will vary by parish.
Upon completion of working through all of the materials outlined above the Facilitator will be able to issue a Certificate prepared by the Diocese. Certificates may be obtained by contacting Norline Johnson at 403-218-5503
What if my parish does not offer this formation program?
Individuals wishing to pursue this training on their own may contact the Resource Centre at 403-218-5510 and borrow the DVD's one at a time as per Resource Centre lending policies. Upon completion of the program, please contact Norline Johnson at 403-218-5503 to arrange for a certificate to be issued.
Questions, comments, or concerns?
This program is an integrated learning design with a DVD component. It will provide a solid foundation for a catechist or anyone working in various ministries within a parish.
For information or help in establishing or maintaining your Echoes of Faith ~ Plus Program, please contact: Norline Johnson, Religious Education Consultant at 403-218-5503.
This 3 year program is designed for lay persons and religious who are called to engage in collaborative ministries, to qualify them to serve in a credible, competent and effective manner in whatever ministerial role they are called to serve.
Graduates currently are involved in a variety of parish ministries: RCIA, Catechetics, Pastoral Care, Youth Ministry, Parish Leadership, Street Ministry and various agencies dealing with the marginalized. Some have moved on to the priesthood, the diaconate and religious life.
To date over 500 have graduated from the program and many continue to serve actively either at a parish level or in other related areas.
To learn more about the T.E.A.M. program please visit the FCJ Christian Life Centre page at http://www.fcjsisters.ca/fcjcentre/teamprogram.html